Monday, October 13, 2008

I should have just married a Spaniard


One thing I knew for sure about Spain was that they like to take their time and getting the NIE (number of identification) was no exception. This number is the most important thing and the process to get it was HORRIFIC. I would have had better luck getting married. Imagine going to the Office of Foreigners and waiting for 3 hours before getting your turn. There are tons of people around you, and everyone gets mad when you finally get your turn. The directions that they gave us were crap... it didn't tell us anything about what we needed in order to get the number. To put things in prospective, we need this number to open a bank account, get internet, even to get a discount card at the local supermarket. But I can finally say I have my NIE and I'm one step closer to finally really getting settled. Chica still has a long ways to go, but hopefully by then we would have found some good looking spaniard to marry her. :)

Besitos,
Ngoc :)

No comments: