Monday, November 17, 2008

La Luz??? More like out of control coldness...

Hello family and friends. I´m sorry about not being better at this. You know how these things go. In the beginning you are all happy and excited so you blog about everything even things like getting your library card, but with time you lose the excitement and you forget you even have a blog... and I´m going to say that it only took me 6 weeks or so to reach that feeling. However, I´m determined to make another attempt, only because I have two hours of "planning" for my classes and no real plannning to do. That´s how good I am at this job.
How goes life in Huelva you ask? Well let´s see... cold, and even colder at night. Everyone who said this is the sunniest place in Spain, and we wouldn´t need a jacket, if only I can remember who you are because you lied to me. I am freezing my toes, fingers, face, and every other part of my body off. This cold is even worse when we´re in our piso. Although I love our home dearly, I must say, it is like an icebox, and if we don´t turn into popsicles during the winter, that will be a miracle. I´m convinced that it´s much warmer outside than inside our piso. Ally and I have taken to sleeping in the same bed in order to stay warm... you ask if that´s necessary, but you come here and live in this freezer of a piso. Our only heater is about the size of my Bio 180 book, and really only works if I place my body directly in front of it, but we all know that I´m slightly bigger than the size of a textbook... solo un poquito and thus one part gets warm while the rest stays cold. Chica and I might have to invest in exercise tapes as our only form of staying warm.
Besides the out of control coldness, we are still struggling with internet, and actually getting it... it continues to frustrate me. The rate at which the internet people here in Spain work is quite amazing, I hope to one day be just like them... slow, and inresponsive. I´m trying to remain calm, while hoping that our dear friends who are helping us get connected won´t change their minds in the near future.
We are not traveling much, due to the coldness, but also because we can´t find the ganas to really get on a bus. It would be so nice if I had my white Honda CRV. Mommy and Daddy if you are reading this, that would be a nice care package.
As for the rest of our lives here in Huelva, I have fallen into a schedule with work, volleyball and work. I find myself not dedicating myself to learning Spanish as much as I should, and as of today I am making more of an effort. No more slacking off... I will be Spanish, speak Spanish, think Spanish, and eat Spanish (well maybe I won´t go that far).
So as my post comes to an end, we don´t have many pictures, because they all end up the same... Ally and I with our beautiful faces in the same poses, the same smiles, however different outfits. Let´s all hope that we find something to do and more ganas to take pictures, because I think we left our snap happy tendencies in Granada two years ago.
Here´s sending all our love to everyone back home, as always we miss you and we´re jealous you guys have access to Thai food, pho and heating in your homes. Hasta pronto!

Un abrazo fuerte!
Ngoc :)

No comments: